Thursday, May 15, 2014

Big News

No...not the news that you think.    Hopefully that will be coming soon though....

As you may have noticed, in the last couple of blog posts, I've changed from using "my surro" to "Ellen".  In the beginning I was using "my surro" to protect her privacy but as we approach transfer day in hopes of a new addition to our family, we are also about to launch a new addition to the blog: Ellen's viewpoint of the surrogacy journey.  Sort of a "Hers and Hers" blog.  I actually hatched this plan months ago, right after we met for the first time.  I just had a good feeling about us. Here's how it went down on FB back when we used to Instant Message:

  • Kerri Golding Oransky
    Kerri

    So, I'm going to just throw an idea out there. No pressure at all- just something for you to think about. When I was first learning about the surrogacy stuff I went to the internet of course. I found a fair amount of blogs from the surrogate side, and VERY few from the IP's side (the Misconception being one of them) As I said, I really love the way that blog gives his/her viewpoints- it was so helpful for Jason to hear another guy's side, esp since the feelings were quite similar At any rate, while one of the reasons I decided to do my blog was to document our journey for friends/family and hopefully our child, I also hope it can help others at some point the same way Our Misconception helped us. I was thinking about doing a similar his/hers thing, but also thinking it could be cool to do a hers/hers thing- like an IP/Surro thing (as far as I know that hasn't been done before) So, I just wanted to throw that out there for you. Once again, no pressure. I'm going to do the blog either way.
  • Kerri Golding Oransky
    Kerri

    I realize it could be weird/bad if things go horribly astray with us but hope that doesn't happen
  • Ellen Court Marston
    Ellen

    I loooooove the idea!!!
  • Kerri Golding Oransky
    Kerri

    Somehow I knew you would
  • Ellen Court Marston
    Ellen

    Um, I am an English nerd. Ha!
  • Kerri Golding Oransky
    Kerri

    Ok, not sure of the logistics of all of it yet but maybe you can just start writing about your experience with it all...you can just do it in a word doc and then we can figure the best way to publish things
  • Ellen Court Marston
    Ellen

    Oh we're so gonna have the best blog ever.
  • Kerri Golding Oransky
    Kerri

    Damn straight! Never mind blog- I see a book in our future!
  • Ellen Court Marston
    Ellen

    Yes!! Movie rights even! Lol.




    Stay tuned for Ellen's first blog post, which gives her side of our initial meeting....
     
  •  
     

1 comment:

  1. This. Is. Going. To. Be. Major. Can I be in the movie as your snarky friend from New England?

    ReplyDelete