Saturday, June 7, 2014

When you know, you know...

Prior to transfer Kerri and I discussed the whole issue of whether or not to pee (see her earlier post).  Like she said, we agreed to wait til beta.  The ten looooongest days EVER!!!  That being said, I'm a big believer in gut feelings.  Just like I knew in my gut from Kerri's very first Facebook message that we would be friends and I'd be her surro.  I just knew it.  It's one of those things you know, but can't quite put into words.  That's why before the 10 days wait was over, I knew I had to test.  I just knew I was pregnant.  I had no reason to think otherwise.  No secret that I have never had issues getting pregnant.  As much as Kerri and I have in common this is one arena where our paths have been vastly different.  I've never struggled with infertility, so when Dr. Toldeo said my uterus was good looking (putting that on my resume.  Ha!), that the embryo was perfect, why wouldn't it work?  That digital test she included with my meds was just sitting there.  Taunting me.  Teasing me.  Begging me to pee on it.  Digital tests didn't even exist last time I was pregnant.  No squinting for lines...it tells you - in words - plain as day.  You're pregnant or not.  I had to pee on it.  Just had to make sure Kerri was okay with it first.  So, I did it.  Even though I already "knew," seeing that word pop up was exhilarating.  Knowing that Kerri & Jason were going to be parents just filled me with so much joy,  knowing that this was it for them, finally.  Finally.  When you know, you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment